QUESTION TAGS


- A positive statements + a negative question tag
        
You are a student, aren't you?

- A negative statements + a positive question tag

Mary isn't a teacher, is she?

More examples

You don't have brains, do you?

You stole my money, didn't you?

You haven't seen my jeans, have you?

You will always love me, won't you?

 There's not a toilet near here, is there?

 (It's a ) Nice day, isn't it?

 Let's finish for today, shall we?

 I'll do all of the work, shall I?

Oh! You love me, do you?

 I am handsome, am I not?

Don't make any noise, will you? / Open the windows, won't you?

I am older than you, aren't I?

They have got a friend, haven't they?

This is your umbrella, isn't it?

Someone is knocking at the door, aren't they?

Nothing is solved, is it?

INTONATION AND MEANING
- If the intonation of the question tag goes up, it means you are not sure and you want to know the answer.
                               John doesn't speak English, does he?↗

- If the intonation of the question tag goes down , it means you are confirming information or making conversation.
                              John speak English, doesn't he?↘







Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT SUPERSTITION?